Cash and Cars Lottery Rules
- Age limit for ticket purchasers is 18 years and over. Ticket purchases must be made in the province of Alberta. Sellers are to advise all ticket purchasers not to put the name of any individual on a ticket that is under the age of 18.
- All three draws (Loyalty, Early Bird and Final) will be under the supervision of Stride Management Corp. Two executive members, or their delegates, of the Alberta Cancer Foundation will witness each draw. All prizes will be drawn at 3950 – 12th Street N.E., Calgary, AB T2E 8H9.
The draw will be conducted using an RNG (Random Number Generator) system. The winning raffle draw numbers shall be determined from the pool of sold raffle ticket numbers.
- Lottery Management Staff of Stride Management Corp. and their immediate family members are prohibited from purchasing tickets in the lottery. AGLC prohibits the signatories on the AGLC license application from purchasing tickets. Currently this includes the Raffle Chairpersons (Director of Corporate Relations, Director of Finance and Associate Director of Finance, Financial Planning) the BOT Chair and the Treasurer. The Foundation BOT/Executive prohibit the following individuals from purchasing tickets in the lottery, Board members and Executive team of the Foundation, and their immediate family members.
- The order in which the prizes will be awarded is from the prize of least retail value up to the prize of greatest retail value, including the Loyalty Draw which will be the first ticket drawn followed by the Early Bird Draw, followed by the Final Draw for the 2,118 remaining prizes. Ticket buyers are eligible for all draws provided they have purchased their tickets by the applicable cut-off dates.
- Loyalty Draw August 13, 2021, cut-off July 21, 2021; Early Bird Draw September 24, 2021, cut-off September 9, 2021; Final Draw October 19, 2021, cut-off October 5, 2021. Should all tickets be sold out by the Early Bird cut-off date of September 9, 2021, all draws, beginning with the Early Bird prize will be made, upon pre-approval from the Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis (AGLC), September 24, 2021 under the supervision of Stride Management Corp.
- Retail value of all prizes is $3,716,675.86 Only 176,918 tickets will be sold: 30,000 individual tickets at $75 each, 13,234 sets of 2 for $125, 4,220 sets of 6 for $275 and 5,285 sets of 18 for $450. 2,120 prizes will be awarded.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded – no substitutes. All winners have one year from the date of the draw to claim their prize. Any costs associated with the delivery of a prize due to distance or unique circumstances will be covered by the Lottery. Some restrictions apply for the travel prize category. All travel prizes are valid for two years from the draw date. Extensions may be granted upon request and blackout dates may apply.
- Early Bird Condo – possession will be 30 days from draw date; however, the winner must make their choice by October 1, 2021 between the condo or the cash option. Should the winner not make their choice by this date, the licensee will make the choice on the winner’s behalf.
- Travel – all travel prizes are valid for two years from draw date; however, winners must make their choice by October 26, 2021 between the Vacation prize or the cash option. Should the winner not make their choice by this date, the licensee will make the choice on the winner’s behalf. Extensions may be granted upon request and blackout dates may apply. All travel includes return airfare from either Calgary or Edmonton unless otherwise indicated.
- Vehicle Prizes – prize will be guaranteed for one year from draw date; however, winners must make their choice by October 26, 2021 between the vehicle or the cash option. Should the winner not make their choice by this date, the licensee will make the choice on the winner’s behalf.
- All winners will be notified in writing by Stride Management Corp. and in some cases also by telephone by Alberta Cancer Foundation representatives of what they have won and how to claim their prize. At the completion of all draws, a complete list of all prize winners will be posted on cashandcarslottery.ca.
- If a winner cannot be located after a period of one year from the draw date, the prize or equivalent cash value will be donated to a charitable beneficiary approved by the AGLC.
- In the event of a winning ticket stub having more than one name the licensee will award the prize to the first name listed on the stub. The licensee and the AGLC are not responsible for resolving any disputes which may arise from the different individuals.
- If a ticket purchased has been entered in any draw, no refund will be issued after the draw has taken place.