Cash and Cars Lottery Rules
- DRAWS AND DEADLINES:
Ticket Sales Deadlines and Draw Dates:
• Loyalty Deadline: 11:59 PM July 27, 2022
• Loyalty Draw: 11:00 AM August 11, 2022
• Early Bird Deadline: 11:59 PM September 15, 2022
• Early Bird Draw: 11:00 AM September 29, 2022
• Final Ticket Sales Deadline: 11:59 PM, October 6, 2022
• Final Draw Date: 11:00 AM October 18, 2022
All three draws (Loyalty, Early Bird and Final) will be under the supervision of Stride Management Corp. and open to the public. At least two executive members (or delegates) of the Alberta Cancer Foundation will be present to witness each draw. All prizes will be drawn at 3950 – 12th Street N.E., Calgary, AB T2E 8H9.
The draws will be conducted using an RNG (Random Number Generator) system. The winning raffle draw numbers shall be determined from the pool of sold raffle ticket numbers.
The order in which the prizes will be awarded is from the prize of least retail value up to the prize of greatest retail value. Loyalty Draw will be the first ticket drawn, followed by the Early Bird Draw, followed by the Final Draw for the 1,922 remaining prizes. Ticket buyers are eligible for all draws, provided they have purchased their tickets before the applicable cut-off dates.
Ticket purchases must only be made by those persons 18 years and over. Ticket purchasers must be in the province of Alberta at the time of purchase. Lottery Management Staff of Stride Management Corp. and their immediate family members are prohibited from purchasing tickets. AGLC prohibits the signatories on the AGLC license application from purchasing tickets. This includes the Raffle Chairperson (Director, Corporate Relations and Associate Director of Finance), the Board of Trustees (BOT) Chair and the Treasurer. The BOT and Executive Management staff also prohibit the following persons from purchasing tickets in the lottery, all Board members and Executive team of the Foundation, and their immediate family members.
Total prizes to be won are 1,924, with a total retail value of $3,688,431.65, including all taxes and fees. Prizes must be accepted as awarded – no substitutes. All winners have six months from the date of the draw to claim their prize. Any costs associated with the delivery of a prize due to distance or unique circumstances will be covered by the Lottery. Some restrictions apply to the travel prize category.
- Early Bird Condo – possession will be 30 days from the draw date; however, the winner must make their choice by October 10, 2022, between the condo or the cash option. Should the winner not make their choice by this date, the licensee will choose on the winner’s behalf.
- Vehicle Prizes – prize will be guaranteed for six months from the draw date; however, winners must make their choice by October 31, 2022, between the vehicle or the cash option. Should the winner not make their choice by this date, the licensee will choose on the winner’s behalf.
- Travel – all Custom Travel prizes with a flight are valid for two years from the draw date; however, winners must make their choice by October 31, 2022, between the vacation prize or the cash option. Should the winner not make their choice by this date, the licensee will choose on the winner’s behalf. Extensions may be granted upon request, and blackout dates may apply. All travel includes return airfare from either Calgary or Edmonton unless otherwise indicated. All travel prizes that are listed as self-drive are valid for one year and must be taken as is.
All winners will be notified in writing by Stride Management Corp. and, in some cases, also by telephone by Alberta Cancer Foundation representatives of what they have won and how to claim their prize. At the completion of all draws, a complete list of all prize winners will be posted on cashandcarslottery.ca website.
If a winner cannot be located after a period of six months from the draw date, the prize or equivalent cash value will be donated to a charitable beneficiary approved by the licensee.
In the event of a winning ticket stub having more than one name, the licensee will award the prize to the first name listed on the stub. The licensee and the Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis (AGLC) are not responsible for resolving any disputes which may arise from the different individuals.
Computer files are continuously backed up by Stride Management Corp. In the unexpected event of a power failure, the draw will be postponed and take place immediately once power has been restored.
Only 149,600 tickets will be sold: 26,900 individual tickets at $100 each, 14,250 sets of 2 for $150, 3,700 sets of 6 for $275 and 4,000 sets of 18 for $450 – 1,924 prizes will be awarded.
If a ticket purchased has been entered in a draw, no refund will be issued after the draw has taken place.
In the case of any disputes, please contact Nicole Kitson, Annual Giving Manager, 1.866.412.4222.
The Alberta Cancer Foundation appreciates your contribution to our fundraising efforts through the purchase of a lottery ticket and respects the privacy and protection of our clients and stakeholders. We recognize the importance of privacy and are committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of your personal information. Please note that all personal information collected will only be used by the Alberta Cancer Foundation and will not be sold or solicited to third parties.